PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 10:40
LowFareFinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I commend those who have been open and honest about not willing to accept reduced terms and conditions.

Unfortunately, the company won't budge on the 70% stuff. They know they can get away with it. Last year as XL and Globespan had turfed pilots on the market and Thomson and Baby were going through redundancy, there were a huge number of guys available. The pool may be shrinking, but I think there are still too many looking for work. The Cadets will accept anything. I think a starting salary the same as our cabin crew would still yield a bucket load of applications.

The CP has said that he thinks this is the norm for the company for as many years as they can get away with it. I do think having selection criteria based on those willing to get shafted is hardly the right approach, but what do I know. How many good guys are we going to turn away because they just want to be able to put food on their tables?

It all comes down from the CEO and no-one has the balls to stand up to it. If you do, you are out of the door.