PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Um, what's all this about then?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 10:45
talespin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the 'goon' was sporting a sidearm, he must've been APS. They've multiplied like rabbits all around the country since 9/11 but they seem to have missed separating all the chaff in the recruitment rush!

The more experienced crew are very professional and good to deal with, though quite a few of the newbies are still a bit too gung-ho for my liking from what I've seen and heard. Must be a sh*t-boring job though, plodding around all day exercising your trigger finger just waiting for one of Osama's pals to jump out from behind the pot plants, but instead having to deal with lost kiddies and shoplifters.

All a bit sad, guns and aeroplanes don't mix in my book (and I think the sky marshals are APS too), but guess it's a sign of the times. Just don't make any sudden moves or next time you might just make his day...punk

As for CASA, some of their regional guys seem to have jumped on the security bandwagon but just remind them of section 9(5): 'CASA's functions do not include responsibility for aviation security.' It's a Dept of Transport responsibility and it's enough dealing with one lot of bureaucrats!