PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 15:03
San Expiry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I hope it wasn't my phone manner that brought the selection process to a grinding halt at the phone interview stage but rather a couple of the questions I replied 'no' to which were........no, I would not relocate my family (to wherever) and no, I would not pay for a type rating (plus a 'rather not' when the 70% was mentioned although apparently, the whole contract package on offer hasn't been finalised yet, it says here).

So, as an earlier poster suggested, live in a Jet2 backyard and express your willingness to shell out for a TR. I had rather hoped that jet2 might just have raised its game above the levels of the other LCCs.

I'd be interested to know whether any who said 'no' to paying for the rating are going on to the face-to-face bit. BTW, email saying 'no thanks' was launched within minutes of coming off the phone - I was that good.

Of course, if everyone said 'no' to the TR then they'd have to rethink the gameplan. I don't say this from the luxury of being in a job; longish time unemployed, now.