PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA proposals on foreign reg airframes
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 19:20
belowradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't disagree with the comments regarding current situation and have not much hope for EASA fixing anything but my vision of better is as follows:

1 - Easy and less costly to put aircraft on Euro register (not likely but also not mission impossible) - Benefit lots of income for Euro zone less hassle for owners

2 - Easy and more pragmatic licensing of pilots (not likely I know but could and should be done) - Benefit is obvious money stays in Europe and less hassle for all (weather in Spain and France is nice !)

3 - Allow JAA instructors to earn a living independently and stop non euro citizens from working in Euro zone (as USA does at present) - benefit = jobs for our own citizens and less costly training regime.

Is the above likely to happen ? NO

Who is to blame for this ? WE ARE at the end of the day unfortunately.

I love FAA system and would dearly like to see a similar system in Europe but very unlikely. Come on guys you know that USA is a tough place to work so why do we make it so easy to work in Europe without visa's or work permits?

Time for an even playing field, Europe is massive and agree that US won't care as they are massive but time for us to value what we have a bit more.