PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Um, what's all this about then?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 04:06
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
To show the professionalism of our 'security' guards out there I had a lovely face to face chat to one yesterday afternoon after experiencing my first bit of real road rage, driving along in LH lane doing 10 above the speed limit said 'gentlemen' sits 4 inches of my tail, I lightly tap the brakes, he proceeds to overtake and sit next to me basically pointing at his 'security' badge trying to intimidate me or something, I thought nothing more of it till the next set of traffic lights where he gets out of his car and proceeeds to tell me he's going to smash my face in, and to 'follow' him, he was very disappointed when I informed him I wasn't going to follow him, so the poor guy didn't get his kicks by beating up someone........yes not an aviation example but does show you the 'professionals' they let wear a uniform and give guns to! Do I feel safer with guys like this around and especially patrolling our airports, for sure!

On that point though i've had a few dealings with APS guys at airports and found them nothing but professionals, they do sometimes ask questions but never try to intimidate, it's the 'dial a goons' that seem to give the most trouble...