PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falsified CV's
Thread: Falsified CV's
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2010, 01:47
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It happens.

I've met a lot of pilots who didn't have the experience they claimed. I had an assistant chief pilot who claimed all kinds of experience...until I happened to walk into a flight school one day to buy some supplies, and saw a wall of pictures of student graduates. I was surprised to find his picture on the wall, listing him as a new Private pilot, only a year before.

Ironically, I had an opportunity to sit in a group interview for an operator, with him. We were both applicants for the job. The person conducting the interview asked this imposter about some of his experience, and he glanced at his feet and mumbled "I don't really like to talk about it." He was dismissed from the interview several minutes later.

At a small Part 135 operation, I was acting as a check airman, and was asked to prepare a new hire applicant for his FAA checkride, one evening. It became quickly apparent that he didn't know his material, long before we ever got to the airplane, a small Cessna 210. The flight only confirmed it. A review of his background turned up several companies that had never heard of him though he claimed experience there, including an airline. He had excuse after excuse, and eventually abandoned his effort and went somewhere else...under false pretenses.

I even met an examiner who ran a flight school that churned out ATP's (who is still in business), who advised his new graduates to falsify their logbooks. He said that if the students had a conscience issue, they could later forgo logging some time. That, of course, didn't obviate the fact that they'd falsified their time and entered the cockpit unqualified and under false pretenses, or make anything right.

I suspect that the number of falsify their experience and time, and their resumes, are not few.