PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do pilots Join EK??
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2010, 18:09
si jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thanks guys for tellling me what you think! Some of you are so unhappy with life in Dubai and Emirates that you are heading elsewhere for a better life style, T & C's etc etc. Good for you! I don't remember saying that I know how great EK or Dubai is?

Well as I ve mentioned already...leave! Go and get a job at Air New Zealand 'Kiwi' Im sure with the way you eloquently put yourself across, they will be offering you a position in no time. I never said in any my posts that Emirates is the utopia of aviation! It's not...we all know that! But look at my situation and thousands like me. It must be nice to wake up and have a bit of job security. Have you ever been made redundant?

The F/O who lost his job during his training; I don't know what happened to the poor lad. He may have been really badly treated or he may have struggled all the way through his training...maybe you could expand. But I know guys who have been chopped during their line training with a British companies. These companies are here to make money and there is very little slack in the system, we all know that.

I am not arrogant, even if some of you think I am. I am NOT saying it's a wonderful company, but there are so many guys here who are not happy with their currrent career at EK, then move on. Some of you are clearly so pi%*ed off with life, that you must have handed your notice in and are counting down the days until you move on to pastures new. Good for you! But there are some people on here [Pprune] that if you gave them a million pound a week, and asked them to fly one day a week to their destination of choice they would still be moaning.

Well maybe I shouldn't have expressed my opinion on the matter considering I'm an arrogant tw*t. I've got several mates and a family member at EK, so I guess I must have been misinformed on life there. What I would like to know is, of all the guys who hate life in Dubai so much, how many of you are leaving and when?

I used to enjoy Pprune, as a lot of the guys here used to have sensible informed views both positive and negative, but now, if anyone disagrees or have a different opinion they are slated. Fine! Well good luck to the guys who are ready to move on. I do apologise for expressing my limited opinion especially on a subject i know very little about.