PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines hiring First Officers
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2010, 15:28
Faust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, not sure on that one. From what I've gathered of the selection process so far, they are very adamant on the minimum requirements set at the time. I’ve seen captains and first officers alike from all over the world whom have reached the document check (stage 1) and been sent home the next day; all because they don’t have the time or a degree for example (although that one has been scrapped), or perhaps they haven’t flown for one day more than the maximum 12 months allowable (seriously!!!). So please check the current minimum requirements (I must admit I am not too familiar) and check to see whether they:
1. require you to have a current type rating and have flown the aircraft (live) within the last XX months;
2. have a minimum of XX hours flying the aircraft.

I’m pretty sure that even at this stage (and believe me they are desperate for pilots) that they will not drop one hour nor one day below their requirements. If you have the rating then I would only suggest getting some more time (if possible) on type if that’s what you need. Although the selection process may seem manic, believe me it is an “organised chaos”; they do actually know what they’re doing, but they may not always keep you in the loop. It’s only like this at first, but I would mention that once you are on the line I’ve heard of no complaints and everything is pretty much ‘smooth sailing’, so it’s worth it in the end. I hope this is of some use and good luck to you!

Safe flying,

FAUST