PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do pilots Join EK??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 21:55
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Too bloody right Si jet.

And of course all those other airlines you mentioned are making $1billion profit during the wolds worse ever financial crisis. Oh wait there, no they aren't!!! Good to see EK now compared to easyjet and ryanair. Oh how things have changed.

Should we sit back and watch our conditions erode without saying anything just because they may be better than the conditions you enjoy? Hmmmmm, that seems like pilot logic. Shouldn't we support each other, we fight for our conditions, and hopefully maintain a good remuneration package for you to join, wouldn't that eventually filter down to other airlines as well? Supply and demand and all. As long as pilots are willing to work for less and less the spiral will continue and the bean counters will smile as they bank their extra bonuses. What other profession would make a statement like yours? "Oi you lot...work for the same miserly amount as we do and stop your bitching!" Where will this stop? Will we all end up on a brand new flight instructor pay forever? If you have a lower limit of what you think we should all be reduced to please tell us your facts? If you can't find something wrong with this you need to take a cup of tea and a little lie down.

I know there is no intelligence test when deciding who can hold an ATPL, but sometimes the way pilots are ready to roll over and work for less than someone else to get ahead disappoints me.

As a wise man once said, pilot unions are there to protect pilots from pilots.

The Don

And if anyone really gives a sh@t what kind of metal they are locked into for hour after hour, you need to get a hobby!!!

Nolimit...you see these hundred extra seats that you say the 180 has are in the 1st and bussiness class cabins....you see they pay more for there tickets in these cabins than all those economy pax that the cripple 7 carries. That's how it makes more money. Cant draw the pictures here, but hope you understand all the same. And no i do not get locked in a 380 and could not care less what out preforms what.