PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do pilots Join EK??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 14:47
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remuneration? Middle of the road at best. After all we don't see many LH, DL, AF, AA or CP pilots at EK. We do see a lot of UK charter, Canadians, and 50 seat jet pilots living the dream in the sand.

Wide body jets? Yes EK has a lot of them. But as I alluded to earlier it is not the size of your airplane but the size of your paycheck and EK is a middle of the road airline for pay at best.

Route structure? Emirates goes to a lot of places, some good some really bad. I have seen the world as has all of the pilots here and the world sucks. Except for wester Europe, OZ, and the US you can have the 3rd world ****e holes.

Time to command? Depends where you come from. Some airlines have better time to command some have worse. With EK going on 5-6 years and possibly longer if they hire the dreaded DECs your mileage may be longer than you think or hope.

EK better than 99% of other airlines? You got to be kidding us! Maybe better than 50% of the ****e airlines out there but like I said not better than truly world class airlines that actually honor contracts and treat their employees with respect and not like a commodity.

If you want to join Ek I guess it come down to two things. Where your passport is from and what airline you are flying for. But buyer beware at Ek and Dubai. It is not the shinny glitsy city or airline that they make it out to be. You will be disapointed if you do join.