PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for FREE!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 10:34
MIKECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis makes a couple of very good points. Before operating any aircraft you need to make sure you are adequately covered by insurance etc. You need to clarify exactly what your status is with this operator. If you are an employee of the company then im sure you wont have too many issues. If your not directly employed then what is your position....ie contractor...self employed?? How does that fit in terms of the AOC and the certificate of insurance as far as Pilots operating the aircraft? I have a similar situation when instructing at my local flying club. I am not employed directly by the training provider, but i am providing proffessional services(which im paid for) when carrying out any instruction. I am technically self employed/freelance in that respect but thankfuly I dont have to pay for my own liability insurance as the club aircraft are covered for use by non member instructor's and examiners.

Make sure you dot the I's and cross the T's, as you've worked hard for your licence and your ratings.....you dont want to end up in th poo!!