PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 24/7 Jet
Thread: 24/7 Jet
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 09:11
flynowpaylater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the sarcasm, I do hear what you say, and understand the frustration....but why book with them if you all know what their like? They are cheap compared with other operator and brokers are attracted to the lower cost. Its an easy sell for the broker, but then they cry when it all goes wrong.

The reason an end user contacts a broker is to tap into their expertise. There is a balance between the price, the condition of the aircraft and the performance of the operator. Its a brokers job to portray that to the end client, and make a reccomendation based on the unique requirements of the client. Too many brokers go for the easy sell in order to secure the business (ie buy cheap) and then hope the operator will perform beyond that of realistic expectation. There has to be a degree of accountability from the broker as well as the operator.

For the avoidance of doubt I don't work for 24/7, but I do find it ironic that despite everyone moaning off about them, they still continue to operate. They're obviously not that bad.