PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Safety Forum Australia an Oz must participate.
Old 9th Aug 2002, 06:38
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to one of these safety seminars organised by CASA some several years ago.
Very interesting speakers,very informative and educational...........
right until the point where after the point was raised suggesting all GA aircraft in controlled airspace should carry transponders was mentioned by the speaker to allow TCAS to operate in cases of VCA's (violations of controlled aircraft).

Some twit stood brashly and insisted it was his God-given right to fly where he wants,when he wants and that transponders were an unnecessary expense that violated his rights of passage and privacy (whatever that is).

All we needed then was someone to yell "the sheriff's a niggre,the sheriff's a niggre" and it would have sounded like something out of Blazing Saddles!

What did I learn from the day?
Apart from the fact that there are some very weird people out there, it was all very basic but to someone starting off in GA I think it would have been worth alot.
It doesnt stop reckless employers from insisting that aircraft be flown overweight,over-hours etc etc but it makes you aware of the law.

Kaptin M - the association with that web site I'm not sure of but I think it can be traced to a website called:

http://www.jamesnixon.com

I think this supposed PR person probably has something to do with it all.

Now reading the personals about this fellow no wonder Ansett had difficulties.
Talk about blowing your own trumpet!

Last edited by TIMMEEEE; 9th Aug 2002 at 06:45.