PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things picking up?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 13:52
Danishpilot80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe a lot of guys out there with no job are blaming pay2fly pilots for the lack of jobs available. I don't agree.
Yes, there are companies out there that offers p2fly schemes with 500 hrs on type out there, like EagleJet and Globalpilottraining. Do you know any else - I don't.
How many pilots do they put in work a year. Maybe 100.
For Ryan, Easy, Lion, Tiger, AirAsia, Wizzair etc. 300 hr guys pay for the TR, but not to fly! And for the most it will be taken from your pay for X years.
So this said how many companies are still left that does not make you pay for TR and flying or whatever.
People complaining are those who want to go straight in as f/o on commercial airliner and see others taking a shortcut which they are not able to. Well that's life!
Think about guys who gets jobs purely because they know somebody - connections! Isn't that unfair too then! Another shortcut that probably hires more pilot's than pay2fly schemes by far. But for some reason that's acceptable..
Yes, pay2fly schemes are here to stay. So are other schemes where you pay your TR.
But guys!! This is only a small percentage of the aviation world.
There are many opportunities out there where you don't pay. You just have to work for it! Get your hands dirty so to speak.