PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 18:21
Hamburg 2K8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great day for MAN and the North West in general. Weather was just perfect for this historic day and the landing from the video's I've just on You Tube was fantastic. I loved the way the nose slowly came down and kissed 23R. I'm so proud to say I played an important part in the A380's development and testing, in Broughton, Toulouse and Hamburg. I couldn't be at MAN today, had to work in that factory were the wings are made, you may know it by the name of Aibus. But will sure be going to MAN sometime this month.
I take it everything went without a hitch? Passengers and crew happy with aircraft, MAN operations etc? Out of interest, what time did it land? I checked early this morning about 6.30AM and MAN airport website said 12.26, was scheduled for 12.25. And departure time was 15.20, think it took off about 15.45?
So to conclude, I am so proud of my local airport MAN and would like to say a big thank you to Emirates for putting their trust and faith into MAN. I'm sure this will be a big success for the airport, the airline and the local economy.