PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPAd Jeppesen
Thread: iPAd Jeppesen
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 06:46
JazzFlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the same problem. Have been trying to download the 18 cycle for 4 times already (5th is currently attempting to download), but somewhere in the middle it gives me the "poor internet connection, try later" message. Didn't have this problem when downloading the 17 cycle. Anybody else having problems with getting the latest (18) cycle?

By the way,...I don't understand that Jeppesen's support is so meager while customers are paying 12K per year for the subscription. Ppppffttt....

On the positive side, I love this App! I'd like to suggest to Jepp to make some improvements to it. This is my list after having use it for a couple of times:

- Able to make trip-kits. Multiple folders where you can put all the charts you need for a particular flight, instead of just 1 Favourites folder.

- Within the "trip-kit" a possibility to choose several charts, which you can horizontally scroll through in order to get fast access to the charts you want. eg: 10-9 to 10-9A should be much easier to reach. Right now too many clicks have still to be made and it's just annoying to have to pick out that one particular chart from the whole list again. If you go to larger airports with over 50 charts this feature is a real miss.

- For using this App at night the light is still too bright. Jepp should incorporate the same feature as you can find in IBook, where you can dim the backlight to almost zero.

NEway,...all good, but let's see if I can download this 18 cycle. I'm afraid the "poor connection"-crap is showing up again.

Great day e'body!!

Jazz