PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Indecisive and Complaining
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 12:10
PPRuNeUser0198

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SU - lets look at the current 330 as an example - you mention "comfort and service". So, the 330 has 32 inches of pitch and leather seats in a 2 x 4 x 2 config. Against other carriers that operate today, please tell me how that is not competitive? That is a standard config with most airlines, world-wide and is certainly better then a 3 x 4 x 3 config aka no middle seat on the sides...

You cannot argue that the current JQ INT 330 does not offer a level of "comfort' that isn't comparable to other airlines operating internationally?

With regards to "service", can you be more specific. Are you talking 'inclusive offering' i.e. meals? IFE? well, not all airlines have seat-back - JQ enables the customer to 'rent' a device (soon to be iPad which surpasses many existing seat-back offerings around the world) at a low $10...I know what I would prefer. And not all carriers offer 'AVOD'...

JQ offers 'mainscreen' IFE which is not at a cost to anyone - comparable to other airlines...Look at Lufthansa. Not all of their long-haul fleet offer seat-back, and they would be considered a 'full service carrier'...

With regards to meals and drinks; well, what happens if you experience poor quality catering i.e. sub-standard meal that you dislike...does that make it okay because it was 'free'...What if you fare was $20 different. Was that meal worth the $20?

Being a full service carrier, does not automatically translate into a wonderful experience or journey...

I'm only trying to be objective here.