PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Indecisive and Complaining
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 06:37
whatever6719

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that QF needs to do something. For too long, QF has rested on its laurels, relying on goodwill, safety, etc etc. I fear that the goodwill has been basically trashed in recent years and the company needs fresh, innovative leadership that is not all about the growth of JQ at all costs.

If someone can explain to me why the average punter would be prepared to go to Europe on JQ, paying merrily as they go, as opposed to flying a full service Asian carrier that offers the lot. Quite a few of the second tier Asian carriers (not the SQ's and CX's) will be offering very competitive fares to compete. I somehow dont think JQ are going be several hundred bucks cheaper than its competitors on the Southern European run. If they are, then will it be worth it?? Will it make any money???

Yes, Qantas does need to think differently. Sure, they are a business trying to make a buck in a very competitive environment but if DJ are able to grab the bull by the horns and be innovative with their furture direction, then why cant QF??
What may have worked in the past wont work now and into the future. But going by its track record, Im not going to hold my breath!!