PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation experince - is it mandatory ??
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 23:17
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+TSRA

'However, I disagree with the need to work yourself from the bottom up in a single airline to become a dispatcher. All of the dispatchers I know have worked up through the industry from smaller operators to larger ones (just like Pilots), and by the time they reach the majors they have all the operational knowledge that a dispatcher needs, without ever having to have washed an airplane or do the things that, quite frankly, are useless for international operations.'

Guess my post must have been ambiguous, as that is just what I had in mind with starting at the bottom and working up. However, my first three months were spent as the only loader of small freighters, through interest, I started learning W&B. That in turn lead to my start in Operations Control.

Hence start at the bottom and work up, it sure worked for me.

To the origional poster, if you are sure you wish to go down the road, I would give my personal reccomendation to Sheffield in FL. I was asked to complete their 2 week fast track course by my current employer. The training is very good, hard work, but worth it. I stand corrected after a chat with a German Licenced dispatcher, I believe LH now accept the FAA ticket in place of the LBA.

Good luck to you, which ever you choose.

Bored