PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 30th Aug 2010, 17:58
G-FATTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aitch812 I totally agree with you.

At this moment in time atleast I can not see that paying the extra hard earned/borrowed money for intergrated training seems to out weigh going modular.

For the last couple of years hardly anyone has been taking on 200 hour pilots except the obvious P2F airline/s.
Its looking like pilots are beginning to move around to different airlines as the middle east airlines are expanding and stealing the more experienced pilots in the UK.
If this keeps continuing then I actually think that intergrated students will start to see more positions becoming available.

But at this moment I still belive modular is the way to go - you could even pay 1/2 of your savings by going modular to an airlines inside man/woman to get you your first job with an airline. You would save £15,000 on your figure saving of £30,000!

With regard to your second question, I do not think it is worth spending thousands more on a couple of hundred hours in a C152 or alike. It would probably be spent flying around the local area mainly and would not be beneficial to an airline.
If you have a few extra thousand to spend after your training, I would say go for an instructors rating instead. At least you get another qualification you could use with your CPL and you could start building your hours up whilst being paid a few quid for them.

These are just my opinions from going through my training last year.

I wish you all the best for your future.