PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 00:19
pug

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Niknak, forgive me for being a bit daft, but im not sure what you're driving at here.

Clearly the route has been a success, wether yields were good enough or not is impossibe to say, but they have been seeing load factors of 90% right through. Ive already posted about why i think expansion from BE is unlikely, but if they do have ample space in their schedules then i dont see why places like ALC could not work too.

Ive posted so many times about why airlines like Jet2 are more suited to HUY, particularly as they have their own package company and sell seats to TCX, and despite them showing interest more than once they are still to be forthcoming.

I do think the management at HUY know their limits all too well (if only Peel had realised what was in store for them when they were going for go on Finningley) but they have obvioulsy been persuing a replacement for their Spannish flights and BE have come in to prove that there is demand there for the right airline.

Im not too sure if BE will even be back next year, it could have been a ploy to see if it actually works, but im sure in the next few years we will see all of the routes that have been lost recently being replaced by another operator.