PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet more FISO questions
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2010, 21:41
Talkdownman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKOS
what about passing all that experience to the students at the college - could that be a realistic option? I mean teaching or instructing at the college?
nats relocation terms and conditions from LTCC to Swanwick were extremely restrictive for TC ATCOs aged 57 and over. nats just didn't want to pay for them to move. In fact they just didn't want expensive old ATCOs at the top of the scale at all. They did their damndest to make it difficult for ATCOs aged 57 and over to move down. Relocation to the College would have been even less likely. It would appear that the only way for retirees to instruct at the College would be to work through an agency at a pay rate considerably less than that of an operational ATCO within Terminal Control. I can empathise with chevvron pulling out to become nats-free and a local FISO instead. The job satisfaction can be comparable on occasions.

Three of our seven FISOs are retired ATCOs but is is far from being a closed shop for retired ATCOs. I think it would be a great job for BigBangMan. How about Halfpenny Green?

Last edited by Talkdownman; 29th Aug 2010 at 21:43. Reason: spellig