PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any jobs out there?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2002, 13:46
Lemmon_drop_kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nay Good Jobs out there ?

I have worked for AMR on a number of contracts, and after many years contracting I can say that I found them to be one of the better contract firms. Not only was my hotel paid for, but we were given a hire car per 3 people. Amr also provided cash in hand (sub) on arrival, overalls ,sweatshirts and a competant link man (in Hamburg at least).

The down side (for me) were number of cowboy scum that I encountered. The factory hands who claim to be 'engineers'. The sad the mad, the useless, drug addicts, losers, fantisists. That was my best paid contract, working in Denmark and there were only 6 of us.

A certain well known Irish contract agency, I just will not work for. I remember a couple of the top reps, when they were working on shovels (lead shot for redux bonding process) at Fokkers Amsterdam many years ago.

As the industry in general is poorly paid, (a plumber will be paid to travel and have digs paid) I now very seldom work in the UK at all. The anti unionists ( they can be found in crew rooms reading the 'Star' or 'Sun') chuntering on about, "I will negotiate my own pay and conditions", I believe have ruined the trade.

I should also add that I also met some wonderful people over the years.