PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines hiring First Officers
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2010, 05:56
theflyinggreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished going through the process, it was interesting to say the least. You have to be really patient with them and the process.VERY Patient....

Sim in the 737 for us 777 guys, They didn't know what to do with me as I have been an FO from most of my career, being in a major carrier in North America.. I had to keep explaining that.. All they wanted to see was that you kept the alt and speed and could fly and talk at the same time and not get angry and flustered to easily. No briefing and no charts for the 737 sim. Airbus you get a full sim ride with briefing.

Interview was very basic and again they want to be sure you will fit in and not have an "attitude". There are some politics involved being a foreign pilot there.. Thats all..

Medical was standard, AiDS, venereal disease tests and normal blood work plus all the standard tests for an initial CATI. Oh yes... a written exam for all narrow body pilots. Its from the ACE book.

I also did a psychometrics test. That was fun and nerve wracking at the same time. I guess I passed everything but they didn't know what to do with such a high time FO. I was offered the position with an upgrade very quickly.

Yes, most Turkish FO's are extremely low in total time but do work hard and try to get along. THey are apprehensive because of the way they have been treated by some capt's. Thats understandable, a starting FO on the B737 has 300 hours..

Lets see what happens next!

Last edited by theflyinggreek; 29th Aug 2010 at 05:58. Reason: Spelling and Grammer...