PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetblue Airbus blows tires/ EVAC at Sacramento
Old 28th Aug 2010, 22:21
bearfoil

I know what let's do, let's ask the Passengers. Anybody want to bet against me that not one of those people is not grateful for the slide ride? Thought not. I have smelled tires burning, seen flames and smoke that looks like it came out of Hell, (In drills). Watch the 340 RTO Test flight and listen carefully to the Training Captain

"Merde" means "****" in French. And Although they were almost screaming like babies, I heard "L'Escaliers! L'Escaliers". (Stairs). Oh and those firefighters looked like screaming mimis when the Michelins exploded too. It isn't because they were fearful for no reason. They had the look of people who didn't care to die to save AB's tire budget. Seasoned pros, every man Jack of them. The ninnies I don't get are the ones who haven't caught on, and rummage around the overhead to retrieve bath soap or some crap. Well, not the French......

bear, hates fire

PTH What means "Clear the runway"? Do you mean taxi off the active? I've explained the parts list it took just to get the a/c mobile, with some major help from UAL. You can't mean Taxi off the RW. If you do, I'll post the list here. Also, if a blunder put them in the weeds, OK, but that doesn't mean they can't recover and save the humans. This is getting old.

Last edited by bearfoil; 28th Aug 2010 at 22:33.