PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetblue Airbus blows tires/ EVAC at Sacramento
Old 27th Aug 2010, 19:19
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearfoil...if you truly have spoken with the captain of the plane in question, I hope you asked HIM if HE ordered the evacuation, or if it just started in the back.

PITN I take is punch in the nose. Well, from what I have seen the plane is intact, the tires are flat. the plane looks fine with no other fire damage.

I stand by what I said before. Now, if he had special information, not available to us who just watch tv or read the papers, fine.

AS to aquadalte's comment. I was just offering what my airbus pilot friend said...I don't claim to know the 'bus. I took a substantial pay cut to avoid flying the bus and I'm still glad I did.

One has to wonder about the whole evacuation...if it started with the captain, that's one thing...but if it started in back...you gotta wonder if the engines had been shut down by the time the first pax were tumbling down the slide.

bearfoil, if you would like to PM me with more info that you can't tell us here, fine. If not, I see a plane that is upright, not consumed by fire, fully intact except for flat tires ( plural).

I'd like to think SMF has portable emergency stairs...but if they don't, let us know. Later a baggage loader was placed to access the plane.

jet blue, is famous for not having portable stairs anywhere...remember the valantine's day debacle of a few years ago?