PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes me employable
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 11:49
amonty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realise that some seem to enjoy being abrasive so I will indulge you with a bite for this last time, apologies if you are just naturally so.
Now how much shall I bet myself I will see the last comment in a nice blue box. Or perhaps I will have the pleasure of some chap I’ve never met calling me stupid when I ask for advice from those with far more knowledge on the subject than me. It is a good job I know some FI’s well because if the attitude I have found from some on here was my introduction to FI then I would indeed Bose leave you your chosen career/sorry profession.
I regard Flight instruction as extremely important, if not the most important phase in any pilots career.
I could throw a lot of money at this and whiz my way through the various courses, get myself a type rating or two, bobs your uncle fanny’s your aunt off to fly big metal things.
I don’t want to do this. I want to put something back into aviation at the level which I feel I can offer the most, a level I regard as used, rightly or wrongly by those who want to move on to different,(notice I don’t say better things bose) and which appears to be a seriously undervalued aspect of the profession. I hope I would make a good instructor who sends the next generation of pilots on their way with a good level of training and a professional regard for FI.
I’m sorry that you feel aggrieved that I don’t need to make a living from instructing, this does not mean that I would be un professional or fail to fight for the role of FI to be far more highly regarded than it is by some people. It just means that I can do the job without having to worry, or worse not be able to do it at all.
Yes like most people I would work for low wages to do a job I would love, and have done so in the past .Whilst understandably not happy about wages or professional recognition how many instructors would give up what they do, clearly not many or I would not have to ask the for advice I asked in the original post.