PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL(M) to Other Ratings
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2010, 23:07
john1million

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"JAR–FCL 1.120 Experience and crediting
(See Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 1.125)
An applicant for a PPL(A) shall have completed at least 45 hours flight time as a pilot
of aeroplanes; a total of 5 hours of this 45 hours may have been completed in a BITD (see Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.125), a FNPT or a flight simulator. Holders of pilot licences or equivalent privileges for helicopters, microlight helicopters, gyroplanes and microlights having fixed wings and moveable aerodynamic control surfaces acting in all three dimensions, gliders, selfsustaining gliders or self-launching gliders may be
credited with 10% of their total flight time as pilot in-command in such aircraft up to a maximum of 10 hours towards a PPL(A)."

If I'm reading that correctly then once I've gained the NPPL(M) and got some hours in then I can only get 10 hours maximum credited towards the JAR-FCL PPL.

If I gain the NPPL(M) and go for the SSEA rating and fly many hours as Pilot in Command in a "Group A" aircraft then does this mean I would still need to pay for the dual training hours (at least 35) to get the JAR-FCL PPL?

Also, am I correct in thinking that the JAR-FCL PPL is a requirement should I go on to train for the night flying and the intrsument ratings? (I admit that this question may give away my level of confusion over this )

Edit: Are all UK NPPL(M) instructors JAR-FCL qualified and is there an accessable register of them?