PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtanker reservist pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2010, 12:35
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beags,

Pythonesque, yes very funny. Fortunately we can take a joke (and have a good laugh whenever we see Easyjet).

TT, I've no doubt that the piloting and engineering at Ryanair are quite fine. But working for a company whose actual product is of such a nature must surely throw some doubt on the motives of those prepared to work for it?
I think your questioning my motives is a bit naughty. When I was 'in', I was very much Queen & Country, duty first. I, like everyone else, tolerated a lot of s--t in the RAF, made a lot of sacrifices and did my duty to the best of my ability with a smile on my face. Sometimes it felt like a bit of a one way relationship. Now that I have left my motivation is a duty to No1 and a desire to carve out a satisfactory lifestyle. In my first year in the evil empire I already take home not far short of Gp Capt pay, I get more flying hours and I get more time off. I haven't once been called to salute an ensign at 0630 on a drizzly Sunday morning and have spent zero months in a sandy tent full of camel spiders. I don't feel too bad for the passengers because they vote with their wallets and keep coming back. Can't be that bad then. I think my motives are quite honourable.