PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtanker reservist pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2010, 12:03
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cornish, I don't know whether that all came to you in a dream or what, but your opinion of Ryanair maintenance is without foundation. As I said RYR engineering compares very favourably with the RAF. The RAF gingers are a fantastic, hard-working, skilled bunch, but are working with pitiful budgets, a supply chain that doesn't, well 'run-in' or sometimes obselescent kit etc. The SH cab that I used to operate was generally held together with speed tape, stop-drilled cracks and INOP stickers. I used to have to get the red FRCs out on a good proportion of sorties and sometimes the aircraft were missing parts like cabin windows, because there weren't enough to go round the fleet.

Compare that with the yellow and blue, where no expense is spared when it comes to safety and engineering. Snags get rectified immediately and the aircraft are extremely reliable. MOL is no fool.

If you and Beags wish to put the boot in, then feel free to unload on: the customer service, the hard sell, the jingle, the cabin layout, distance from some airports to their cities. Crack on, you have some fair points. If you try to suggest that the aircraft, safety, pilots or training are inferior then those who know will shoot you down. Don't be daft mate.