PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann runway incursion in Dublin
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2002, 00:26
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The story again

Heinzmann
the B737 wasn't cleared to land when the ATR taxied out onto the runway but was sent around at approx 1nm to run.
I have to agree with the standard of communication of ATC phraseology in Dublin......
A while back on yet another trip i was informed on the approach..." in the event of a ground around your climb out instructions are....."....okay fine you might say....but when we landed there was an ALT A330 on the approach who was given the same instruction...but the instruction was crossed and all the Shamrock guys heard was " Shamrock 133 go around..." which they duely did......
The aircraft came back round and on the approach another controller....probably a supervisor came on the RT and said that the pilots had misunderstood the clearance and they had not actually sent the aircraft around......
Yeah great.....but hey why does an approach plate have instructions on it "In the event of a go around" printed on it.....
Surely ATC in Dublin should keep their mouths shut and if the plane DOES go around then everyone concerned knows what/where the aircraft is going and there is no possible cause for mis communication.......
The same standards across the board doesn't leave anyone in doubt about what going on.....
I do find that some of the ATC controllers seem to take their troubles out on the aircraft and end up fairly snappy....and all you did was to report on freq holding short of the active...
:o