PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtanker reservist pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2010, 00:49
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair pushes the limit of every law they think they can get away with - with an attitude like that how much do you want to bet maintenance is cost/benefitted out as thinly as possible.

Wny do they buy new jets - less things to break and therefore less cost to maintain (for now)
my point was that if they buy new and shiny so they can cut back the spanner monkeys then there are less spanner monkeys available to do any task. Add in some pressure and demands from some accountant shiny arse and people will start trimming the odd corner. one thing leads to another.
Cornish, me old, have a word with yourself. New jets: you say that like it's a bad thing. By that logic, to improve flight safety, you should operate some clapped-out, 50 year old, maintenance liability, hangar-queen that's been to the moon and back 1000 times. (Sounds familiar, Ascot?)

Let me tell you that Ryanair's serviceability and maintenance standards put the RAF to shame - and I've experienced both at first hand. Acceptable Deferred Defects basically do not exist. The few minor snags that do occur get rectified that night.

Anyway, for the love of God, can this not turn into another Ryanair bashing thread. Back on topic, please!