PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teamsters shreading Polar quality of life contract
Old 26th Aug 2010, 00:40
agmonaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So.. as far as section 25 goes for the Polar Pilots.. Our contract has been decimated. I see so much conflict here. I have never talked to a Atlas Pilot that didn't envy our duty rigs. We can plan our lives at Polar. The company cannot move our days off. So let me ask any of you a question.. Does anyone know what they agreed to on section 25? DW and BK from what I hear were excluded from the final decision. And DW helped write our Polar contract where it was iron clad. The BS of "the company will make it's best effort" lies".... only applied to breakfast for us and many things at Atlas.The Company only made their best effort not to get us breakfast..And Atlas.. where did they ever make their best effort on your contract? Hmmmm. The Polar Pilots are a vital part of this airline.. and deserve good representation. What was received for sacrificing the Polar scheduling work rules?.. was it worth it? We will see... and I bet the new contract is a sieve like Atlas's old one. Our MEC never gave up our rights without a vote like at Atlas. You need DW and BK.. They are a huge asset.. in my humble opinion. The Polar Contract was better contract than the Atlas one in all aspects except hourly pay.. We are all in this together.. Polar Pilots are not going away. JM says our new contract will be one of the best.. compared to whose? Evergreen? Who else fly's 20 days a month and cannot depend on a day off not to be moved now? Yes Atlas has benefited from the way Polar has been treated in the past..all the growth has gone to Atlas and we have been squeezed down to 6 aircraft with many of our flights flown by Atlas. We Polar Pilots are' the red headed step children.. But soon we will all be the red headed step children in a merged seniority list.. I am sure of that..

I hope I am soooo wrong about our new contract......

agmonaco

Last edited by agmonaco; 26th Aug 2010 at 02:41.