PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing
Thread: Housing
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 21:16
cxhk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope LEPs do get a housing allowance. I will then expect to receive a lump sum payment for my initial training costs. I will then seek another payment for my experience built over the 5000 hours of flying in 22 different types with 3 different operators.

Most LEPs are too inexperienced, even after 10 years in CX to know just how inexperienced they are.

The only times in CX that I have been seriously concerned for my safety has been when a LEP Capt has been in the cockpit with me.

I am all for an improvement in anyones COS, but LEPs are not the equal of Direct Entry pilots. Never will be.
Not another one of those, Direct Entry = better than LEP debate. Do we need to step on the LEP to make ourselves feels more superior? NO, I don't think so because we are neither superior nor inferior to each other. We are all pilots. I have flew with many Direct Entry Pilot who are not as good as LEP pilot, even though they are supposed to be more experience with more hours under their belt. Quite a few of the DEFO are just horrific, you sometimes wonder how did the training department release them onto the line. At the end of the day, there will always be good pilots and bad pilots regardless of experience or background. Making a comment like yours just makes yourself look like an A**H####. Just my two cents.