PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 12:29
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point is that Dub has a lot less of a catchment then Man so pro rata Dub is mcuh better served for North America than Man. Of course Dub only has Ethiad at 10 per week in terms of eastwards long haul.
Boston and New York have massive ex-pat Irish populations so that's to be expected. There's more to a market comparison than simplisticly comparing the size of the catchment area.

UA to start ORD from MAN, US to start CLT on B762 from MAN and AA to start MIA from MAN.
US also rumoured from DUB with B752.
US already fly DUB-PHL on the B757 and as for MAN-CLT on the B767, I doubt that. Beside the fact the B767s are coming off the Atlantic routes to be replaced by the A330-200.
The AA is a RE-START of a seasonal winter service that we've seen before though and I wouldn't be surprised to see return.

BA have just announced that they have upped their JFK service to an hourly service at 7 a day, just curious about UA, AA CO etc

In relation to Manchester the New York area is possibly one of the few destinations where the % number of flights offered does at least bare some semblance to the potential traffic available ex Manchester.

Just out of curiosity does anybody have a "straightforward list" of frequency to other major destinations Ex Heathrow?
I do.

LHR-JFK
AA 4 x B772
BA 6 x B744 / B772
DL 2 x B764
VS 3 x A346 / B744
KU ? x B772

From 2010W add one each to BA and DL

LHR-EWR
BA 3 x B772 / B763
VS 2 x A346 / A343
CO 4 x B772 / B772

Giving a rough total of 27 flight London - New York if you throw in the two BA A318s at City.

LHR-HKG

CX 4 x B744 / B77W
VS 1 x A346
NZ 1 x B772
QF 1 x B744
BA 3 x B744

Giving 10 daily London - Hong Kong.

It's not a good comparison with MAN as LHR is the biggest hub in Europe and so is not just working on the London population.

Manchester is perhaps poised to benefit more from the 3rd runway cancellation,because it has managed to maintain its links.
It's more of a postponement. Give them time to see how many villages and areas of outstanding natural beauty their multi-billion dollar railway will scythe it's way through at £££ per mile and the fact that they casn't just shift capacity to a full LGW or a distant STN. It will happen later rather than sooner but it's gonna come.