PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To the glider muppets who ruined the Reds display at Silverstone.
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 22:12
Mooneyboy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the link Rod1. Its good to see it has been followed up and the right people have put their hands up.

Maybe the CAA should start releasing notams in a more user and friendly way. A lot of people are getting smart phones now, why couldn't the CAA release an official app for notams? A pictorial 3D method linked up to Google earth would also be a good method of improving situational awareness ( I think this has already been done but mainly for the US but I maybe wrong).

I can understand that picking up thermals and constant turning must make it tricky to accurately pin point your position in a glider (unless they all carry GPS I'm not sure) but Silverstone is pretty big and easy to spot. When I fly its our SOP to always maintaining a listening watch on 121.5, do gliders do this? Then again would this be an appropriate method of telling someone they infringed airspace?

And Sir George sorry for my grammar. Unfortunately my A level English is fast becoming a long distant memory eroded down by spell checker and texting.