PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - swiss air + CRX Air = (swiss-lx)=0
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2002, 16:22
Robert Vesco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi skypointer,

An expansion of Crossair by taking over 52 - or actually 54 - aircraft inclusive crew, procedures, dispatch, plannaing and so on... Well, doesn't sound very convincing to me - and neither does it to rapide89 or the governments of Belgium and France, it seems. Eventually the courts will decide - and it won't be a court in MS-owned Bâle!
Funny that you have so little faith in the structure of Swiss, especially because Aeropers has been such an important architect in designing the more controversial issues, like seniority. In the B-GAV seniority is distributed like it was in the bankrupt SAir Group because only this way Aeropers could ensure that the old statusquo, SR vs LX, would be maintained. Try and explain that to the Belgians and French ! Splitting up Swiss into a regional and long haul......again, it would look an awfull lot like the old SAir Group, wouldn´t it ? The way Aeropers has been part of this "unfriendly take-over" (thank you for mentioning that rapide89) is indeed jeopardizing the whole future of Swiss and I´m happy that you are enlightened enough to realize that.

I just wonder what ideas you have for a common GWA that is "fair for all parties".
Fair for me would be zipping the seniority lists. Any airline in the world has the rule that the last person in the company joins at the bottom of the seniority list. The CCP has stated that this would be unfair towards our ex-SR colleagues and proposed zipping the seniority lists. Even that was not enough for the greedy SR pilots as they wanted to be on top of the seniority list while joining a new airline. Another major point for me would be a fair pay scale for long and short haul flying. Forget about the mixed flying of A320´s and A330´s because this will no longer be a valid argument after Swiss has taken delivery of the A340´s, starting next year. Then you will see people flying long haul A330´s and A340´s (MFF) and people flying the short haul A319/A320/A321´s. Looking into the future, it would be wise to split up the pay scales into long haul and short haul. An A320 is clearly a short haul aircraft and belongs in OC1, no matter what you might want people to believe.

I'm still waiting to hear some proposals from CCP that are practical. Or are you still as unprepared as you were in spring, dreaming of flying the big planes and getting the big salary?
The CCP has proposed more practical solutions (like zipping the seniority lists) then you think, but maybe you should ask Jöhl about that ! It is obvious that you have received very poor and one sided information.

It almost seems so, as I just heared that CCP withdrew from the talks in order to ask its members what they really want. Welcome to reality!
I´m sure that you will not like the outcome of this vote... Go ahead and fly your Airbus or MD11, thinking that all problems are over and Aeropers can afford not to renegotiate. Sweet dreams ! Remember, "keep the blue side up" (thanks for that free flying lesson BTW !)