PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 11:19
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you say this?
Compare a multi stop service with QANTAS or Cathay

I was mearly commenting on the days we had these carriers serving MAN, not on the number of stops involved.

it's silly to fly MAN-MUC-SIN-destination when you can lose at least one stop via LHR / AMS / FRA

yes people can transit one stop, but LHR, I know many people who refuse to fly through LHR now. No point asking why as they are the fare paying passenger and its their preference. Also, some people may want F for the entire journey, and LHR for example, only offers Y on its domestics.

If only you had a purpose built large capacity building that was designed for wide bodies...one that sits empty for much of the day

If you are referring to T2, then pier B was chosen due to the fact the A380 can turn off the runway and taxi into stand quickly and easily without circumnavigating the entire airport.

Actually having seen the two airbridges in position, can someone confirm that one of them is upper deck capable and that they're not both going to be used on the lower deck?

Yes one is upper deck and one is lower deck. The jetbridges are not fully installed yet and need the electircs fitted, which is why it gives the impression that they are both lower deck.

Don't wish to be critical but its typical of the "Northern mentality" that we are happy with our lot ..!

MAN IS a regional airport. It is not the capital so is a regional. We may be a major city, but small compared to some. Also, considering LHR is quickly reached by plane and train, its amazing to sercure the services we have. I know JFK has seen the EK A388 before, but to think we secured the EK A380 before JFK got it back, and before HKG and some of the other large airports, Im sorry but thats a major coup!

So lets stop this moaning and enjoy the posatives of our airport!!!!