PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP Cadet Article
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2010, 06:41
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been monitoring this forum for a while and generally won't comment unless there something I feel strongly about, like this issue here.
Why do some have to state the above?? Do you think that you're somehow extra special and believe that your opinion holds extra merit because you comment on special occasions? Get real!

With pilots like you attacking each other, no wonder Management finds it so easy to deal with us. In fact, that what Management wants, us attacking each other.
Management finds it easy to deal with us because they know that there is always someone out there willing to do the job for a lot less. I don't have a problem with a young aspiring aviator trying to make it, but I do with someone who has an established career earning a very good salary and willing to come for nothing.

Do you think it is coincidence that this article is published with the start of pay rise negotiations? It basically sends the message to the public that anyone can become an airline pilot in 14 months, and that our worth is really only a third of a doctor's and banker's salary. All you need is that childhood dream of becoming an airline pilot. Go on tick the box and don't worry about the sub standard salary package.

Yes FlyingKiwi, right or wrong in the end it is his choice, this is a forum and we are all free to state our opinions. Future candidates need to hear both sides of the story ( no matter how unpleasant we come across), not just the fairy tale stories. However, you are incorrect when you say criticize the company for offering the package. When you persuade friends of yours to join on this package you are actually degrading your own.

Assuming he never left his previous post, how would he feel if I went to his employer and said; Listen I've always wanted to work in the banking industry, just provide me with 14 months of training at no salary, and then I will agree to work for a third of what you pay these other guys. How secure do you think his package and employment will be???

As someone already stated, there is only one way this experiment will end. Enough said on this topic, just hope he doesn't eventually come after you with a baseball bat......sorry cricket bat!