PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 16:41
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi wanna be there,

The operative word in my posting was "again"; I have my own photographs from the AN225's one previous visit to MAN. I believe it was taking equipment to Nigeria for a charity concert back then. My question was prompted by the last line of the article posted by "nomoresteerage" (posting no.120). It mentions that MAN will now be able to accept certain large freighter types which were previously excluded.

The AN225 visit caused problems, as 'Roverman' alludes to. The airport made it known that the type would not be accepted again based on the infrastructure available at that time. However, the airport still regularly accepts AN124's.

So two questions arise from this. Firstly, would the AN225 be accepted following the work done in readiness for the A380 (and based on 'Roverman's' response the answer would appear to be "no"). And secondly, the article refers to "Code F aircraft" (plural); what other freighter types, previously excluded by MAN, would now be accepted? Or would MAG, as a matter of policy, still offload large freighter business to the inhouse sister airport at EMA (or elsewhere)?

Any insights would be appreciated. SHED.