PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP Cadet Article
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2010, 06:26
geh065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is idiots like yourself that are completely oblivious to what's happening around you and accept everything for what it is. What a society we live in where we think anything is attainable at the expense of your own family.
Actually, I am well aware of what is happening but that does not mean that I have to lose the passion for flying. Remember that feeling of how you wanted to be a pilot no matter what? That feeling of awe watching an airliner lift off into the air? Well fortunately for some of us, that feeling does not go away. It does not mean I accept all the bad things that happen in our profession, far from it. We all know that flying is not what it used to be in terms of remuneration and even in terms of glamour and recognition but I know that I would not give it up for an office job, no matter what. 9-5 in an office? Not for me thank you and I am sure most here would agree.

We all have a bit of a moan every now and then but I just like to see the glass half full sometimes and sh!tting on the dreams of budding young aviatiors is most definately where I draw the line. Make them aware of the real terms and conditions for sure, but I will always encourage a youngster to persue aviation if that is their passion because money cannot replace that.