PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP Cadet Article
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 13:34
flyingkiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rod Von Eddington

How arrogant are you to say that no person should try to fulfil there dream to be a pilot or are you the only one allowed. I know this person very well and infact he came to me and asked about which flying school he should train at so that he could do the GA route into the industry, i recommended the cadet program as a great option for him as it will save 4-10 years of GA hardship. BTW his wife was prepaired to support him through GA so it shows what kind of women she is, i think there are a lot of CX pilots out there that would appreciate having a wife so supportive.

Yes the cadet program and Conditions are not ideal but in his shoes when he is deciding to pursue his dream the cadet program is a whole lot more attractive than the current GA industry.

Try having a look around at current oppurtunities for someone with 0hrs. They are looking at 10+ years till they touch a jet, most of this time is on $0 salary. So no they are not out of there mind they are just unlucky enough to have missed the good times that we were lucky enough to have been in time to enjoy.