PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Canadians find Pprune their choice to communicate?
Old 17th Aug 2010, 22:02
bunkhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chuck.

Actually, I viewed the ACPA forum before they pulled the plug. We could have probably kept the site going, and all benefited from some of the good threads about layovers, cell phone plans, computer stuff, etc...except that they closed it down because of the 60+ stuff. Used to be seniority that made people's blood boil...now it's a bunch a hangers-on that benefited from those ahead retiring, and now want their cake...and mine too.

It was easy to avoid though;; I just ignored those threads.

Lo and behold I come back to pPrune after a 3 year absence to find Captain Hall et al polluting this forum as well. Had I my way, we would have just said the retired guys no longer have access to the ACPA Forum. Or set up a "Retired" section and locked everything else. The benefit of having a few decent, retired good posters was far outweighed by some of the baiting of the retired guys with no life now, who could sit around on the Forum and cast hooks for Ray to use in court.

So, while I would have to say pPrune has only been put back in to my favorites because my union's forum was closed down, after only a few days, I am disappointed with most of the content on this forum. People hiding behind a "handle" are unusually verbose about things. I actually miss EzBoard. With people having to use their real names, it seemed a little more gentlemanly...even with a few grammar nazis like there seem to be here.