PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 13:33
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in Oban this weekend and on the whole enjoyed the experience. I have enough range on my aircraft that a landing in Oban is optional on a highland trip and on the whole just for the experience and a cup of tea.

One piece of advice for whoever does the radio at "Oban Information", its not Heathrow mate and the way you come across I wouldn't be surprised if your next trick is to start a clearance delivery frequency.

I would suggest that you left engine start to the pilots discretion given you are basically a GA airfield, pretty much like everyone else in the entire world does and that you also tried to find a way to make the extra runway available as a starter extension (for example at pilots discretion, no information service available or something similar) as I would hate to see the day when you have an aircraft land in the caravan site for want of an extra bit of braking space for an aborted take-off. How about trying to balance the risk for your customers, or in the event that its more than your "jobsworth" to do so at least let the pilot balance his/her own risk with reasonable friendliness and grace from your side.

Thanks

rmac