PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2010, 14:07
nef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABZ (and GLA for that matter) definately deserve some more Geman flights imo, there about 50-odd flights a week from EDI to Germany this summer, 7 from GLA and pretty much none from anywhere else - I question if this is an accurate reflection of demand, even allowing for inboud tourists tbh. I think there have been various rumours floating about at GLA and NCL as well recently about German routes, seemingly in connection with BMI Reg. Makes sense given the LH takeover. Not sure there are a lot of spare slots at FRA/DUS/MUC for lots of new UK Reg flights though? Maybe when FRA gets its new runway, but that's not for a while.

Overall, I think that ABZ is always going to be limted by it's population, so it's unlikely there's going to be major loco bases etc. That said, there's certainly potential for more Med flights. I think BAA in Scotland have focussed too much on growing EDI for the last 2-3 years and sidelined ABZ and GLA. The difference in new routes/airlines attracted to EDI recently is massive when compared to its other Scottish airports. It's high time they redressed the balance!