PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for Garuda
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2010, 07:31
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trlof,

Do a minimal amount of research on Garuda, and not just pprune. There is a reason the likes of them were banned from entering Europe and the US. Do you think some paperwork to ICAO can hide the real truth?

If you do opt to go then be under no illusion that you asked for the treatment and circumstances you will find yourself in.

Why am I so "bitter"? Because I made that mistake at Air India. I thought safety, professionalism and integrity were universal in (international) aviation. I was so unbelievably wrong. Garuda, as I understand it, are not too different. Rewind the clock to arrogant and omniscient cultures and training departments with a hatred of "standards" whereby it may undermine their scams and delusions of grandeur.

There is a reason why such airlines are regarded by the wider "professional" world as not worth touching. And, on top of that, you will have that scar on your CV for the rest of your life. Trust me, I know. Stick with what you know. If you want an adventure, go fly a float plane in the Maldives. It's GA, but those standards are almost expected and part of the package.