PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Canadians find Pprune their choice to communicate?
Old 13th Aug 2010, 04:06
Big Pistons Forever

Received 134 Likes on 61 Posts
I had just about given up on Avcanada when the moderators started cracking down on serial abusers. There was less than a dozen frequent posters who were only interested in bating and insulting all the other posters, and who managed to derail and then ruin almost every thread. New posters were being chased away and the the site was slowly being stangled. All have now either cleaned up their acts (like Hedly) or like a typical bullies, took off when held accountable for their actions (like Cat Driver). I still like pprune for its international contributors and for the often very learned comments by folks with obvious deep qualifications in a large number of technical fields on the aircrew thread. I think it is no coincedence that these forums are heavily moderated.

Many of the other forums are pretty lame. Sadly the travesty that is the Air Canada over 60 thread is a good example of what happens when mods are MIA.

I used to post a fair amount on the pprune instructor forum but there seems to be little interest in many of the regular posters to actually post usefull information. Instead pompous gas bags pontificate on trivia or revel in there self proclaimed superior knowledge, thus there are usually only one to three new posts a day and hardly any interesting and engaging threads. The Avcanada instructor forum used to be the same way but has recently become, largely IMO due to the efforts of the mods, what I think is the best instructor forum on net.

Last edited by Big Pistons Forever; 13th Aug 2010 at 04:21.