PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 03:25
Bravo Papa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you've had the pep talk already BP
No Pep talk, just seems pretty obvious to me. Personally i would rather have cheap, interesting, cultured places like that at my disposal than the "Trashy" Gold Coast, "Exciting" Canberra etc.

how do you reckon that will work for a married guy with kids ?
Probably not so well, so if that's your situation don't do it, they're not forcing anyone. But if you're a young f/o with no flying experience outside of Australia, why not? You'll have a Sing licence, work permit, previous flying experience there, maybe you wouldn't have to come back to Tiger Oz. No one's being forced into anything.

and if Tiger Oz are flush for Captains at the end of 2 years are they just going to (A) absorb the extra (B) demote the existing Oz Captains or (C) make you wait til a spot available ( I choose (c)
Don't exactly know how that will work but i know with previous base transfers that have occured, as soon as a spot is available you have first preference over a new hire or upgrade. And with the amount of aircraft Tiger are supposed to be getting even if you're not back 2 years to the day it wont be that far off...