PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incheon International Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 19:01
Flightwatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven’t been to Incheon for a few years now but remember it well as having one of the most ridiculous security procedures I have come across.

Here’s the story. As freighter crew we were taken to the main terminal to be met by an agent who took us through the terminal to get on a bus for the not inconsiderable journey over to the freight ramp. Of course this meant having to go through the regular security lines, however there was no method of checking in our suitcases so they had to be dragged through the scanners too.

Inevitably the screeners found something they didn’t like – nail clippers etc. in this baggage. Much shaking of heads, sucking of teeth and protesting that these items weren’t allowed airside and threats of having them permanently confiscated next time we tried to take them through the scanner. Needless to
say we relied on not meeting the same security person next time we passed through, how could we be away for 14 days or more without anything normally prohibited from hand baggage when passing airside?

Such items were removed from the baggage and given to the accompanying agent who carried them to the bus and put them back in our hands as we boarded. Madness.

Hopefully the procedures have been refined somewhat since my last visit – the terminal was impressive and a great improvement on SEL where I had previously operated into.