PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 12:28
David Sharpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet 2 On-Line Check in

Apologies in advance if I have posted in the wrong area, but I have a question / word of warning regarding online check in.

Flew back from Palma to Manchester last Sunday (8th August) and had checked in online 4 weeks previously. There was a party of seven, and we were given seats 31A, B, C & D, plus seats 32A, B & C. When we boarded the aircraft (G-LSAC) we found that seats 32A, B & C did not exist. The stewardess seemed quite surprised, but made the assumption that there was an extra toilet on this aircraft which meant that Row 32 only had seats D, E & F.

How can Jet 2 run an online check in when they have different specification aircraft, I assume they certainly do not know which aircraft flies the route 4 weeks in advance (I was surprised that the check in at Palma were not aware of the aircraft and seating plan and could have made these changes, also that the cabin crew did not know for certain how many people were due to board the flight, "I think the aircraft is not full" was the comment as we were waiting) presumably this similar on board panic to find seats occurs every time this aircraft flies ???

Luckily, as the flight had a bit of room we were accommodated after a bit of shuffling around, but not sure what would have happened if it was full ?

Just a word of warning to anybody checking in on line and getting seats 32A, B & C it is probably best to ask at check in to maks sure that these seats are actually available !!!